hm.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I can still recall it vividly. Should I be able to?

The train. The walks under the moonlight. The calm sea breeze. The rising smoke plumes in the distance. Dark island across the water. Boats. The close cropped grass. What looked like a vase in the water. The man flanked by a taller woman. The bridge and its narrow roads. The darkness between the plants and the condo. Chrysanthemum tea. My phone. The pier. The pier...

"Come, let me teach you..." "...this guy singing in the bushes..." "High five!" "Low five because you can't reach." "It's past one..." "We should go." "Wait..."

Interlocking...five

My sticky arms. Around..

Those...alluring eyes.

The cab. Being...close.

"He was furious."

The stairs.

"I want you...to be happy." "I don't want to leave." "Goodnight."

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home