hm.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I realized at work today that as of yesterday, my outstanding off balance is well...zero. I initially intended to take a full day off tmr because I'm meeting atiqz...wanted to meet her for lunch at wheelock's sakae den maybe chill out at some coffee place till the night BUT since now I can only meet her in the evening it looks as if our meeting is going to have to be cut short. Why does something like this happen everytime something important has to be done?

I shouldn't have taken so many halfdays last week. haha. It isn't so bad working a full day...its just that the practice gets boring sometimes. I do realize that there's still a lot of things I can work on. This four way independence thing is starting to get on my nerves. And percussionists out there who think you've accomplished a bundle and you think you're at the top of your league just because you've run through a good drum book, think again. I know there are literally thousands of ways you could practice a single passage. Yes. One passage. So pick up your sticks, guys (and girls), it's time to go back to Stick Control with the hundreds of bass / hi-hat independence exercises to accompany it!

Working days are coming to an end, well tomorrow, actually. And then it's time to set off the M'sia...I do wonder how I'm going to survive over there. Better remember to bring my pencil. I don't want to end up having my arm chopped off just because I wouldn't surrender my slippers. I expect to have a lot of fun over there...although I do agree going anywhere would be more fun with friends. Not that I'm saying I don't appreciate the time with my family! Well you guys get the idea.

I'll be back past midnight on the 23rd, which means that entire day is gone. And on the next day I'll be having that makan session with Central Band at err...was it Taka? Well I don't know. All I know is I want to spend my Christmas Eve fulfillingly with my friends! I wonder what they have in mind. If they're planning on partying through the night then I'll have to gargle with caffeine to keep me awake. I'm always the first to doze off at night. Some people would know!

Truth be told, I haven't made any plans, haven't bought any gifts, haven't written any cards. No Christmas spirit? Maybe. I've got a wallet for that, but the spirit...well, let's just say it flew South for the winter. If there's someone I know who has Christmas spirit, it's gotta be mum. She's been writing Christmas cards for people since last week with stunning haste. Must be at the pace of a Vietnamese Nike shoe factory worker. She does put in so much effort to make Christmas that much happier and warmer for the people she knows...I admire that.

That's what Christmas is about, I think. Peace, love, warmth by the fireplace, and pure happiness that lasts till after the New Year. It's a magical season. The lights and sounds in town during Christmas...they're beautiful and every year they never cease to awe. Especially at night. The colours are just amazing. And the people everywhere! You never seem to feel alone. It's the culmination of the peoples' desire to live life and make merry, to dream a Christmas dream and enjoy the gift of the most perfect holiday of the year. Merry Christmas.

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides."

Now, if only all men could see things this way. Well, yes, I do. And no, just because God said it doesn't mean I've had my faith restored =)

Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home