hm.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Yesterday's ROD was a hodge podge of joy and...sorrow. I just can't get those Remember the Titans and Michael Learns to Rock songs out of my head. And each time they come back I think of the Titans...how they trained, performed, and owned. Yesterday was also the official end of the Titans Marching Band as the two bands went their separate ways, due to James Tan the fucker sonofabitch and Mrs Tang the academics fanatic. Politics is a very dangerous thing, just that this time, politics hurt the members, not those who played around with it. It was also heartwarming to see so many seniors come back; those whom I had not seen for a very long time, and though I didn't speak to some, it just felt good. The times where we were on the field marching together, making music together; they were priceless. (not as in no price but as in so valuable you couldn't tag a price on it.)

Too bad I had to rush down to Bedok int to meet my mum for my family dinner. I really wanted the dinner with them, but I also wanted to stay behind and hang out with my juniors. It just felt so different that I was leaving so early on that particular day. Sure I'd see them again, but somehow, somewhere, I feel a deep sense of loss and regret. Move on as some people say...don't make band your life. Well it's already too late perhaps. It's in my blood, its in my soul, it feeds my hunger for lively and aggressive music and tireless marching...the Titans spirit has completely overwhelmed me. Should I let it take over my body? Frankly I don't mind, because everytime I'm with them, well, most of the time, its a great feeling that I can never express with words alone.

Well, on a lighter note, I've bought my new cpu cooler...now there's a butterfly sitting on my cpu. Pretty nice stuff. haha. Worth the money if you ask me.

Tonight's Christmas Eve outing, similar to last years' hasn't been confirmed...hmmm. gotta work on that with qizheng later.

Till then, Merry Christmas EVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home