hm.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Feeling the need to blog again, and still I stand reluctant to 'upgrade' to the newer version of Blogger. Since I'm already so used to this one, why change? Better to be familiar with the stuff now...other than that, I'm just too lazy.

Went for band today at 9:30..all the way to 6 plus. Mostly slacking the whole day lah. If there were a day in this week to pon band, it would be today. But I had to do it yesterday, and tomorrow they're doing lots of sectionals and combine so I don't wanna miss out. The attendance is still...erm...uncomfortably low and I bet there are a lot of other zeros in the attendance book besides on my column for these few weeks. I just can't bring myself to feel better about being in the band. But I always do feel better cracking jokes with my friends and making the music that I went there for. I guess that's my only motivation for going for practices. I think it'll stay that way, whether it's good or bad.

I gotta start working on the solo I've promised Sufi and the others. I swear I've almost got it done, well at least the snare part. But I don't really have the time to work it out this week, even though its 'due' on Saturday. I'll have to find a way then. Most of the time when I write a solo it comes out all wrong. But I have a strong feeling this time it's going to be okay. I can't get it wrong all the time, can I?

Stokes havent been getting any better for me and my traditional grip isn't improving. The american style of playing is completely different from anything I've learnt and quite frankly I find it difficult to adopt. I hope I can cope with learning this new skill while expanding my musical horizons...I want to pass this down to the percussionists as well. Traditional grip by 2010 was what I told them...I want to make that happen. But I can't just make it happen without teaching them the proper foundations first. As to that, I am still lost. haha. I wish I could seek someone for help or something...like anyone would have a sound knowledge of that here in Singapore. I just wonder. Who could share this keen interest of mine? The thing is, I don't just want to play like american marching drummers, as in make the same music in the same way that they do. I want to truly understand the deeper facts about this style and how to really bring out its potential. If only I knew anyone who could teach me. oh well.

haha I guess everyone has dreams that cannot be fulfilled, as they know it. For me, it's being in a drum corp. Laugh as you may...that's what I really want. Well, other than saving lives. haha.

ahh...today's been a better day. Besides the fact that somebody impersonating huifang tagged my board today...haha. What a lamearse. But I wont say anything about it...that infantile sodomite isn't worth my finger strength.

I'll see you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home