hm.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Remember what I'd said about skipping work if my flu never let up? I went to see a doctor at the polyclinic yesterday morning...big mistake. That aloof little prick of a doctor thought I was trying to chao keng and let me out of the room with 'light duties', expecting me to go back to camp 'after lunch'. FYI, the time was 12:10pm. What does a guy have to do to look 'genuine' when he already is?

"Shouldn't your camp MO be able to deal with this kind of thing?"

Friend, what the hell would I be doing here if I could see the CAMP MO? Of course, it would make PERFECT sense to mosey on down to my camp in Yishun from my home in TAMPINES just to see an MO, get diagnosed with flu and given frickin panadol as medication. Ah, I see. Not all doctors have common sense. This one just didn't have the balls to give me an MC because he was running scared thinking he'd get poked up the ass for aiding a chao keng attempt, which was NOT a chao keng attempt, mind you.

Besides, seeing the MO in my camp is next to suicide. They poke you with an IV and make you stay in on the grounds of being 'put under observation', just in case you walk out and, by some strange twist of fate, drop dead, in which case the MO who'd just seen me would be a little more than waist-deep in decomposing elephant shit.

Well anyway, I couldn't go back to camp in my condition, so I went to see a private doctor. She looked me over and gave me two days' MC. Hey, I said one day would do, but she said she'd better cover me for today too. Oh well. okay.

Honestly, where I'm at now, there's no sane reason for me to not want to go to work. It's not that bad. It's almost the same as being at home, minus the computer. Not forgetting the drum kit and marimba I always have fun with.

Going for the gathering at Edwin's place soon. Here's a little something you guys should see!

Disclaimer : I am not anti-Christian. I just found it genuinely funny.

Family Guy vs Christianity

Sorry I couldn't embed the video. Something wrong with the damn thing. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home