hm.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's a Sunday but I just had to wake up at 8am. Bloody hell, what happened to those days where I could sleep till 10 plus or 11? Okay, maybe it's because I went to bed a little earlier last night. I still feel damn tired though, like 10 hours of sleep isn't enough? It is, actually. Still sleeping but not rested. What the hell is wrong with me, anyway? Can't I even get some real sleep once in a while?

I'd forced myself to stay in bed till around 9. During that hour I was contemplating running to Bedok again, but something kept holding me back, compounded by the fact that I was aching all over from who knows what. It's really weird how for so many years I'd came to believe that running was a sin and there was absolutely nothing in this world that could possibly motivate me to run for anything other than pure doctrine, and now running has become a sort of pastime that I look forward to everyday.

Maybe I should start running every night. An hour and if I'm still up to it, and hour back. I feel, somehow, drawn toward Bedok though I know there are about a thousand other places I could direct myself toward. Perhaps the sense of familiarity is alluring in a way. So many memories in that place. Band and stuff, well mostly band. We all miss the past. But we can never go back, though we can always find ways to relive the days.

I've to leave home at around 4 later; meeting qz to go for CY's NYP concert at the esplanade. Frankly, I still don't know what made me agree to go for it. He's only performing for 3 out of the myriad pieces including orchestral works which don't interest me at all. Maybe the percussion ensemble is worth taking a look at too. I've not gone to a band concert in ages; I think the only thing I'd agree to do willingly would be to perform for one. I'd much prefer to go to a Liquid Tension Experiment / Dream Theater / Yellowcard / The Script / Snow Patrol / David Cook / etc. concert. The blazing lights and blaring amps make me feel alive again. haha

I have half a mind to give up gaining weight. This seemingly hypermetabolic body of mine isn't helping my cause. Maybe I should just accept the fact that I'm skinny and live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home