hm.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Went for PY orientation this morning. As usual, CY made me wait, and this time it was for half an hour at the bus stop near his place. Yeah, yeah, you slept at 3am. Big deal. We cabbed there anyway; I made him pay. He was the one who suggested cabbing anyway.

There are just so few sec1s this year! Only about around 200; which, technically, averages out to only about 10 per CCA. Imagine, having only give 40-student classes for an entire level. The orientation was boring at best; aside from the band performance in the hall, we weren't allowed to do anything at the booth, which meant no playing of instruments at all. Zack and I had real itchy hands but they weren't going to be satisfied, sadly. It gets testy, being within 5 metres of a drumkit knowing you're not supposed to touch it. haha.

Strangely, I drew a few more-than-casual stares from quite a number of girls at the school. What, never seen a 19 year old in a polo tee before? =.=

Went for lunch and then went back to PY to help out a bit with the percussion; well, actually, I was only trying to brush up on a few basics with whatever was left of the section with Zack. Too many alumni, too few members, it seemed. They seem to be...a little zoned out. I don't feel the concentration and drive from them anymore. It's as if everything was starting, or had already become, a chore to do. Where's the voracious learning spirit I used to know? The insatiable hunger for self improvement and the zeal to keep moving forward; they don't breathe that aura anymore. Maybe it's just me, like it almost always is. I tend to read a little too much into things...perhaps too much for my own good.

I left at around 2:30 to meet my JC classmates to catch Red Cliff 2. Decided to walk to TM, but by the time I'd reached around the church area near Red Swastika, it was already 3pm, so I had to stop and take a bus instead. It was refreshing and calming; a walk accompanied by good music to hum and lip sync to. Yeah, I probably looked like a moron, but I don't care. How embarrassing could it possibly be to be lavishly enjoying a good song or two? CY thought I was crazy to have wanted to walk. I don't think it's crazy...

Well Red Cliff 2 was not bad! Thankfully it didn't end in a cliffhanger like the previous movie. Next up will be Ong Bak 2 and Valkyrie!

I finally got my birthday gift from them today; a white watch. I love it! I think I'm going to start wearing it from now on. I'd never really looked good with a watch on. Maybe that's going to change.

Got a new book after the movie, but not before going for dinner with CY at TM. We had that taiwan mee sua on the basement level. Anyway, I managed to get my hands on another Steve Berry novel, The Charlemagne Pursuit. Looks very promising, and the first 20 pages have been gripping already. Maybe it's just because of the sense of familiarity and the fact that I know, for sure, that Steve was born to write conspiracies with an impeccable flair. I aim to finish this book within the week so I can get another! This one set me back $35, but I don't feel the pinch. Always willing to invest in a good read, and a good escape from the boring existence that is my life.

Alright! Gonna take a bath now and get back to reading. Cya guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home