hm.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Who has Iris by Goo Goo Dolls I want it I want it I want it!!! The first time I listened to it, like I listen to any song, little impression on me, but when I listened again, and again, and again some more, the lyrics seemed to be catching my attention..and now I feel everyday listening to songs like this is a plain necessity...I must have it.

Today stayed back till 5:30pm in the school library to study maths, well actually, doing (or trying out?) the maths revision papers given out by our teacher...did the MJ one. Damn that's already enough to have you pulling your hair out by the handfuls. Oh well, practice makes perfect, and I seem to be reliving the days before sec4 prelims where I used to practice maths EVERY SINGLE DAY up till the day before the exam...I remember being astoundingly confident on the exam day for prelims, as for O levels...I wonder if I can take my promo paper with the same assurance of getting a good enough grade.

Another thing new came up today, and that is our crappy GP teacher had been replaced by an australasian (is that the right term?) who was posted here...apparently her former teaching environment was Monash University...damn, from a University way down to here? There must be something wrong somewhere...Oh well, what seemed to be left of her Australian accent in terms of speech is her traditional Australian "yeah", which is kind of their way of saying they agree with you. Special thing is that the accent they use to say that isn't at all American or British...just a special Australian accent. I also learnt that her daughter had just graduated in Aeronautic Engineering and is working for LOCKHEED MARTIN...damn it. I'll be the next. lol. And her son is doing a Masters in education...good for her she gave birth to two hard working smart asses. Must be a good life for them, too. Well, the only bad thing, I guess, about changing teachers is the removal of the privilege to sleep or do other stuff in class. She seemed to project this 'motherly' aura, and that was reinforced by telling us that she would treat her students as she would have treated her children, and she is very approachable, or so she said. Erm, no thanks, I wouldn't want to have any of my teachers as my parents or something.

Right, I've almost finished reading Band of Brothers for the second time, and it's already been two times my friends had told me that its better to watch the show than to read the book...damn I've not a choice, do I? I'll just make do with word processing in my brain. Seems a little difficult to imagine...the maneuvers, the pain, the suffering, the ghoulish wounds, the gunfire. Pretty much shows how little imagination I've got up there. Oh well.

Exams are coming, and I'll pretty much be staying back in school to study...so I think I've only Saturdays left to go for band...for those who are feeling a slight tinge of disappointment, or any disapproval, I can only apologize, perhaps. The grades come first this time. I don't want to waste a year for nothing.

hmmm...haven't taken my dinner yet. I'll probably hop in front of the tv later to watch the 'new show' on channel 8 and eat my dinner at the same time. cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home