hm.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

back from alumni chalet! well, actually, I was back since this morning...at around nine plus? I left the place after staying awake the entire night...with the exception of one or two five minute naps while drowning myself into an uncomfortable chair (but the again, anything soft is comfortable enough...better den the floor right?)

the chalet was good lah, and i actually pity those who didn't stay over. haha. cuz the REAL fun was during the wee hours of the morning...before that we were watching movies...well, movie, actually. Saving Private Ryan...goddamn it. That movie is damn shocking. And sometimes damn bloody funny too!

German sees American
*both realize they are out of ammunition for their rifles*
German : "FUCK!"
*throws helmet at american soldier*
*american throws his helmet back*
*both take out pistols, american shoots german dead first*

there was another scene where two guys in a room of a building were talking while fighting off advancing german infantry. After a few words, a potato masher (german stick grenade) would come in through the window. (there was two or three) the american duo took it as nothing! one of em would pick it up and throw it back outside, where it would blow up the soldier who threw it initially...pretty funny stuff lemme tell ya.

wah lau eh, the helmet thing ah...the whole chalet was roaring with laughter...hahahaha...super funny. The thing about this movie was that we watched the DVD version which is uncut and uncensored...M-18 woot. The gore was...erm...how do you put it...unimaginable. you could actually feel the pain.

Especially the part on Omaha Beach. Poor damn soldiers got riddled with lead from heavy machine guns before even setting foot on the beach. some were worse; their landing craft got hit by artillery or mortars before even reaching the beach. others drowned in the supposedly 'shallow' water under grossly cumbersome equipment. The sea was awash with blood, carrying bodies along with the current. Guts and limbs all over the place.

Damn it, people think, when a person gets shot in the head or something, there's only a hole where the bullet were.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! it's much...more gruesome than you think..haha. Go watch it. Saving Private Ryan...dvd. I wouldn't give a high rating for the storyline though. The most captivating element of the movie was the harsh realities of going to war, fighting, and winning. And of course...pain and suffering, and dying.

I wonder if I could go to war...stare my enemy in the eye and kill him in cold blood. I wouldn't want to die. My family would be devastated. Then again, if i shot the guy and killed him, wouldn't his family be equally anguished? I wonder if I could take the risks, running across zeroed in streets under machine gun, mortar and artillery fire, planting explosives on tanks (watch the movie and you will know why) and buildings.

I wonder if I could outfight a german SS soldier in hand to hand combat. LOL. of course I'm not talking about modern war. there's no need for such risks to be taken anymore nowadays. But somehow, I feel winning in WWI and WWII are much more glorifying in the sense that there is really that unexplainable surge in emotion and energy, that will to fight and live. It's really a fight just to survive...rather than something more noble than that. It's a fight so you could live to go home and see your mother...your family.

Generals plan the battles, but soldiers win the war.

okay, enough about that. Last night we were playing some team game akin to pictionary...and it was damn fun lah. mr poh was making so much damn noise all the time. yah lah, we stupid lol. and zach is just like me, cant draw even if our lives depended on it. HAHAHA!!! but i do admit..i draw better =)

I struggled to stay awake throughout the morning and I did, but when Ivan came at around 3, I buay dong liao. He was playing CS. I was lying down on the bed beside the computer...den started to fall asleep. In the end I dragged myself to my mum's room to sleep...bwahahaha. when i woke up...OMFG! 6:45pm already! PIANO IS AT 7pm!!! haha so I quickly got up, still bloody groggy and aching all over. Braindead. haha. Ivan was still playing cs...so I asked him to stop...den we left together..he went home while I went for piano. My music theory is getting better!!! aiming for distinction this november muahaha. it's actually easy if you think about it...only the composing part not sure now.

haha okay..i think i should stop now. mum's coming home late again tonight..which gives me reason to stay up late..again. I wonder if i can take it. haha. nevermind. not sleepy now. afternoon naps can do wonders for me =)

cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home