hm.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

okay people...i am currently bored with no hope of deliverance...so I'm just going to blog here. Funny, alot of stuff that should be on my posting toolbar has disappeared, and the blogging font looks different...though everything is normal when I've posted it on my blog...forget it then. I guess it doesn't make much difference.

Waited for mum to come back at around 1am last night...struggled to stay awake despite being hopelessly tired. Seems the fatigue caused by sleeplessness at the alumni chalet was carried forward to today even. I collapsed on the bed when she was taking a shower and went out like a light. The funny thing is that I don't remember ever waking up at night, which is common for me on other days. Sometimes I get up two or three times to find my grandma and mum sleeping soundly, while my pillows are all over the place, and my comforter is horizontal instead of vertical -.-. well, this morning mum had trouble waking me up as I was still as groggy as a bear awakening from hibernation...and I think she was getting pissed about it. We did fight in the end, from the time I woke up till much later, but won't elaborate on that. It was resolved anyway.

So well, went to visit my grandpa at SGH. His condition as apparently worsened, and he'd been admitted to the high dependency unit at block 5. He had a hell of alot of stuff attached to him, and an equal number of machines that were apparently overseeing his entire livelihood. When we got there the first person we saw was my grandma...she hugged and kissed me den we stopped to talk a while. Grandpa was looking weak...and I wouldn't need to wonder why. Didn't speak much though. I was just standing there like I always do, answering the occasional question, being as coherent as I could, and giving the fleeting nod once in a while. I always blame myself for that, for not talking much to relatives, but...that's just how I am. I just can't seem to get the words out of my mouth. I care, but I don't show it in speech, that's all. But I know my grandparents would have very much loved to have a conversation with me...

There was this malay guy who was admitted to the same ward for subutex abuse (you've heard of it haven't you guys?), or so I heard. His right leg was amputated from the thigh, and he was on oxygen support...when he breathed, it seemed as if every breath was laboured, as if he was in very much pain from simply breathing. So are the consequences of drug abuse...the things those shit can do to your body. Didn't look at him much; didn't want to draw any attention to him.

Well anyway, there was this part where my grandpa stressed to me the importance of being flexible in study...and doing the best I can...and my mum told him not worry...cuz I'm a 'good boy', never giving her problems. WELL, as to that, I'm not really sure...I can handle studies (or so I think), I don't smoke, do drugs, go clubbing, drink excessively, hang out with bad company (you guys aren't considered bad company right? =D), I don't have children I don't know about, I don't curse or swear (in front of family of course)...maybe she's right. On the whole...I'm not much of a troublemaker, now am I? Well I guess that was enough to put his heart at ease. I just want him to get better as soon as possible, to alleviate any of his pain.

Right. That's about my day. Had a nice dinner with my aunts. Black pepper crabs, veggies, cereal prawns...and to think just last night I was having a god damn expensive dinner over at Raffles City. My balls nearly dropped when I saw the bill; $400 plus bucks for a seafood dinner. Sonofabich, we could've eaten the same stuff at East Coast for half the price at most. Well, my aunt was paying for dinner as she had just gotten a promotion...so I guess it didn't hurt my mum that bad. They even charged for the god damn iced water! yeah...chinese people, their goal is to get every penny from you. =D

I think I was nice to my cousins today despite the fact that I find them irritating. Being nasty to them is depressing. So I decided to make the best out of their visit today by playing with them, offering them internet access and fixing one of their toys...I think i'm a good boy today. I wonder how the coming week will be for me...

There seems to be less things to do with the computer these days...waiting for my new com to come so I can have my fill of the newest games on the shelves...by then, well, it'd be around two months. nah, maybe by the end of next month. Depends on how lucky I am I guess.

Right, I guess I'll end here then...no inspiring words to share today. Not that I've shared much over the past few months, in fact. I'll see ya around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home