hm.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Had IPPT duty this morning...had to be in camp by 7am =.= just lazed around, carried a few stuff and watched peoples' agonized faces as they were running around the track. Had a few laughs about some retarded people..haha.

After that had full band for the DOM audition for Alan and Julian. Was pretty fun. I especially liked playing the piece Julian prepared for...it's called Morning, Noon and Night. Pretty fast paced, dramatic piece. I was playing the cymbals...was so fun. So fun that I now have two bruises in the form of lines across the left side of my chest from all the fast ff and fff choking. Lots of them, too. My hands were totally decimated after we went through the piece, again and again. Didn't really put them down. hahaha. it was pretty hard to uncurl my fingers after I finally set the cymbals down. I'd forgotten how the alternate symbol for a crotchet rest looked like (it's an inverted quaver rest) and was playing wrongly like a fool for some time before realizing. hahaha. I'm starting to like playing the cymbals. I think it's an SCV influence.

Speaking of SCV, spent some time in the afternoon watching DCI 2008...went through Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils and The Cavaliers. GOD DAMN I don't understand why the cavies didn't win!!! Their drill was awesome, and music was good, especially since it was an original composition. You'd have to watch them yourself to know why I felt so strongly about them. 3rd place is a total injustice! Never have I said "WHAT THE!? WHAT THE LAME!? OH MY GOD!" so many times during a single show before. haha.

Suffered a long bus ride home, put down my stuff, and went for a run. I regret it, actually. I started out with a bad lower back and a bad knee, and after the run the pain got worse. My hip started to hurt too. I was walking like some cacat person after that hahaha. I can't believe I'd just used a malay word. Nevermind, I'm not in the mood for racism today.

Took bus 69 back to tampines to have dinner with CY...initially intended to run back but didn't think it wise considering the pain I had in three places or more.

COD5 has arrived and I've just installed it! I think I'm going to sleep at 2am tonight just to play it muahuahuahuahuahua xD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home