hm.

Monday, May 04, 2009

This is why I hate it when my mum talks to be about Christianity and how much I need it before 'the world ends'.

It's a good conversation, until a biased point is made (usually by her). An argument follows and I then have to choose to be aggressive in defending a point or defensive in hopes of not aggravating the already exceedingly awkward situation; a situation I never chose to be in. These arguments never end well and in the end, one or both of us walks away feeling less than happy.

Call me a classic cynic, but preaching has a totally opposite effect on me from what it is intended to achieve. Repeatedly pounding onto me something you believe to be true makes me more skeptical with every attempt.

Don't push me. I apologize for the abrasive use of language, but don't fucking push me. For with every push, I move further away from what you seek.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home