hm.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Got up at 7:20 this morning in camp and got a ride home from my aunt. Funny how I remember waking up at 3 in the morning last night, felt as if I'd tossed and turned for a long time, and the next thing I knew it was already 7.

Yesterday wasn't so bad. At least with 14 episodes of House, it wasn't. Witty sarcasm is always funny. Speaking of House, I'd learnt a few new words. One of them is misanthropic. Look it up.

Chatting with one of the clerks and my other BO was pretty good too. Good to see I'm not all that anti-social after all. Had a good laugh at the back of a truck on the way down to the bunk later that night; laughs I haven't had in ages.

My face isn't getting any better...I'm still considering seeing a skin doctor. Yeah, it's probably overkill for something as trivial as mine, but I'd prefer to knock it down and make it stay down right now than let it progress and end up with a face looking like a damn asphalt road. Those rashes on the right side of my lower jaw have been there since November and that can't possibly be good.

Damn it, my foot isn't getting any better and I'm still going for a run with Khairi tomorrow morning. Drawn up my 20km target route to finish by the end of February. I think I'm going to have to run it alone though. April (Yingmei?) is taking part in the Adidas 42.195km marathon...that's totally insane. Not that I'm underestimating her, but I never knew she'd be capable of doing it. She's just...delicate. haha. No way am I joining her. Not yet, at least.

University admissions for NTU and NUS are opening soon and up till this time I still find myself considering my options, albeit futilely most of the time. It's been months since I'd decided to drop out of mechanical engineering and I still don't know for sure what I should do with the years after ORD.

What are the factors, career wise? Money? Proximity? Scope? Experience? More about the money, actually. I've got plans on what to do with it. No, not a flashy mansion with a Maserati, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari, and a Saleen to fill up the terrace unit sized garage. That's very, very appealing, though. Anyway, what's still important is whether I'd like studying what I'd be studying and doing what I'd be doing upon graduation.

Sidetrack. Once again I'm savouring that exotic smell from the house opposite mine. Curry, sweat, and clothes worn before they're dried. More of the curry. Fish, I think. At least I don't hear rapid Bangladeshi along with the putrid scent.

Managed to do that 'Random 25' note thingy on Facebook despite having looked at it with disgust over the past few days. Can't really explain my contempt though.

Boring night, isn't it? Nobody's online. Well, at least, the usual people I talk to aren't online. Saturday night. Figures. Everyone's got better things to do than rot at home at 11pm at night. Am I being cynical again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home