hm.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a bloody depressing Sunday. And yeah, it's my fault. Again. So I can't really complain.

If there's one thing I've learnt over the years...it's that people. never. change. period.

No matter how much you want to think or hope that someone will change for you or for some other reason, no matter how much you think something will have such a profound effect as to alter a person's personality; change his habits, his attitude toward things, his perception of things...I'm so very sorry, but you're getting nowhere.

People sometimes say that they've become a changed person; that something so deeply inspiring or frightening has affected them so much so that their entire lives seem to have been broken and then rearranged. I think they're bluffing. LOL, what a blunt way to put it. I think they've just come to so ardently believe that something is so great enough to change them that they do things differently in order to accommodate that belief. Get my drift? They try to do things in a way to show that they've changed; in fact, it happens subconsciously so they think they really have, but deep down inside, what do you have? Same person, same personality.

Someone gets involved in a plane crash. He says he'll never fly again. Do you think he really can't? He's just scared out of his wits at the thought! Of course he can if he wants to! The fact that he can do it means he still thinks the same about flying inside. Think about it this way: if a person had really changed, he would look at something and say "I can't do it." rather than "I won't do it." It's really two very different things, you know what I mean?

"I've changed." puh. People never change.

I need to dance this off tomorrow.

Dance it off.

P.S. I don't know how I am going to survive February because I just spent a little over $200 for my DnD outfit. GOD DAMN IT! Well, at least they're nice clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home