hm.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Damn tired today...it's coming to the end of the week already, and tomorrow I'll be back home past midnight, with ROD not too far away after that.

Hmmm, today feels like a Secondhand Serenade day.

Carmen's leaving for Taiwan tomorrow! That moron, she's so excited about all the apparently gi-normous number of streetside food stalls. I swear if she doesn't control herself, she'll be flying back in the plane's cargo hold with the rest of the oversized luggage. Hope she has lots of fun!

I was just wondering, how many of you look at two or more things and judge them? By face value, or after going through a diverse variety of factors and features that would determine your disposition towards them and ultimately decide which one you liked or wanted? I think too many people take things at face value nowadays. Everything is about "I did this, I did that, I'm special because of this, or that, I'm studying here, I'm a doctor, I'm a lawyer, I'm in OCS, I'm a Commando."

yeah. What you are on the outside.

There is the all too familiar age-old adage : "Don't judge a book by its cover." How long do you have to take to know what you need to know about something before you judge it? Would the time factor affect your decision? Is, on impulse, accepting something because it looks fantastic at face value what you would have done?

And by the way, this is not some convenient excuse I came up with as damage control for what some people might see as a drab, easy-way-out and meaningless approach to life, non-worthy of any form of recognition, a life I apparently chose to lead after passing out from BMT. Damn you elitist non-believers if you do exist, but I made my choice. I live for myself and myself only. Nobody should live according to the whims of others.

I've read that first impressions of people are extremely important. This could decide whether that person could become one of your closest friends, or a mortal enemy in the making. Think of it this way : how many prospective friendships and relationships were forgone or lost just because one party believed too much in first impressions? What would have happened instead if they had learnt that not everyone is perfect, prepared, or are just plain awkward while making their first impression?

They might not have flashed their best smile, used the best lines, or just looked retarded to you. There are over 7000 facial expressions that the human face is capable of showing. Maybe it was the wrong ones which unknowingly surfaced. What would have happened if they had taken time to explore and understand each other; their charcacter, their idiosyncrasies, their unique features. Their goals, their aspirations, their inspirations, their lives as a whole. You think that's only possible after friends have been made? I don't think so. But that's just me.

But all in all, they were rejected, and what could've been the start of a wonderful friendship or romance was tossed into the bin and disregarded as a fluke and failure. How does it feel to have been swept under the rug when you tried to make a friend and failed? Yeah, sure, more will come. As I've heard, let one thing go, and better things will come. But it was a wasted opportunity. It could've been a good one. The best one. Nah, you were put aside, because materialism, ego, and perfectionism, to name a few, got the best of the other half.

Don't disregard what you don't understand.

How would you choose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home