hm.

Monday, November 24, 2008

I sit here, oily faced, with this inexplicable pain in my right thumb joint, trying to control a pimple/rash outbreak and aching from another daily set of 120...

I don't know why I even went to work today. So I took half a day off. I did two things today. Nothing, and absolutely nothing. Did I mention nothing? No wait, I said nothing. Okay, I said nothing. The only thing worth doing today was sitting in my little safe haven in the corner of the band office reading the March issue of Readers' Digest. I think its a good idea to start reading it. Got some pretty interesting stuff in these books. I still think I'm gaming too much and reading too little...I'm starting to let this brain go to waste again. wake up wake up!

Viknesh asked me why I was so downcast today. Nah, I wasn't feeling down, blue, lost, sorrowful, anguished, depressed, emotional......today. In fact I've laughed more today than I have in a few days...I think its that comedian spirit kicking in from somewhere to draw in the endorphins and cover up anything that was making me feel uncomfortable. Endorphins...I almost forgot the word.

I went to get my hair cut today. God damn bitch spent 40 minutes combing my hair more than she was cutting it. She stopped somewhere near the 20 minute mark and asked, "is this short enough?" in mandarin. I don't know if she could sense the piercing frustration I directed at her through the mirror as I replied in mandarin "no, could you make it shorter and thinner? I don't see much of a difference." God damn it, you harlot, you even spent the first minute trying to cut the hair off the back of my neck before realizing it was a lost cause and picked up the electric shaver. 40 minutes...40 minutes!! just to cut my hair short and thin it. What's so difficult? I'm not asking you to make my hair look like Elvis' or Tom Cruise'. And it cost me $12. And 40 minutes of my time. Screw it! She didn't even do a good job, for Hitler's sake. My head looks like a freaking inverted triangle. Go figure, why dontcha. Trying to turn me into a brown, short, thin Yao Ming or something. Stop converting people! You've already got more than a billion up there.

Caught a bit of 'Doomsday Clock' on the History channel today...any of you guys think I'm a nerd just because I happen to watch the History channel when something interesting's on, screw off. Well anyway, it seems we're currently '5 minutes to midnight', where 'midnight' refers to 'catastrophic destruction' occuring to the human race. The amount of time left on the clock apparently shares an inverse relation with the current degree of threats, nuclear, environmental, and technological, to the human race...so basically, 5 minutes to midnight should mean somewhere along the line of "We're this close to screwing ourselves so bad we won't live to regret it" I guess it isn't so bad because it was just 2 minutes to midnight back in 1953 when the US and Soviet Union were going all trigger happy test firing their nuclear warheads. That was around the start of the Cold War, which till now I still have little knowledge of. Ain't enough war games for PC based on the Cold War. WW2's been all the hype..

Back to band again; today there was a briefing, entailing a few events for next year, including an eye popping 3 concerts in total; one every three months starting in Feb...not forgetting the Modena trip in July...and a few other things I fail to recall because of their lack of importance, I suppose. It's going to be busy...people like Richard are dekitting already. I do envy them...but it's like my journey's just begun. Why end it now? Right now my main concern is the OCS ACPC Dining In on the 5th of Dec at SAFTI...I don't know what to expect. Maybe I'll see familiar faces like Sadil and Benedict. Benedict....hmmm. Well surprises are part of life.

I'll just wait and see what's to come.

whats to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home